This project is read-only.

viewing the list

May 26, 2013 at 4:21 PM
hi
very much appreciate your work, very inspiring!

just a quick question about the encoding: most of the characters and the decomposition shows up well on my screen (mac, no further fonts). the first 10.000 or so characters are not displayed though, i think. could you provide some snapshots of how it should look like so users can compare?
May 28, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Hi flobo

I gave those first 10,000 characters integer tags because there's no glyph for them in Unicode, so I can't give screenshots. You can, however, write a function in your favorite scripting language to change, say, 10005:a(名,勿) and 𡒒:d(10005,𡉥) into 𡒒:d(a(名,勿),𡉥) to make it easier to see what's going on.

Cheers, Gavin
Jun 17, 2013 at 5:58 AM
thx, that makes it much clearer. I'm slowly understanding how your list works, and the more I understand, the more amazing it becomes!

It seems to me that the roman characters are some description of how the different parts are put together to form the character. For example, 𡥂:stl(十,子) shows that 十 is a stl (surrounding top lay?) to 子, is that correct? I would like to consider it as a coordinate system of how to construct characters.

Which do you take to be the most fundamental parts? Are these the ones labelled me()? I guess there is no relation to radicals?

Anyway, I was hoping you could provide a list of what the roman letters stand for and what they represent.
Jun 17, 2013 at 12:09 PM
You can read my notes at:
http://cjkdecomp.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=cjk-decomp

It explains the meaning of the composition codes, e.g.
c= the most fundamental component
stl=surround topleft, etc
...etc...

Of course there's errors which need to be corrected when I make another pass thru the data someday, and many of those intermediate, numbered, components are duplicates I need to get rid of.